The past year has been a whirlwind of events for Chris Latham with his cycling career going from strength to strength. Pinnacle moments include taking part in the World Cup Omnium as well as debuting as part of “Team Wiggins” giving Chris some unforgettable experiences:
10) Securing a victory in the Beaumonth Trophy in Northumberland after an incredible 117-mile race.
9) Coming 2nd in a race which was part of the Elite Criterium series in Otley.
8) As part of the Men’s U23 Team Pursuit at the European Track Championships in Greece he nabbed gold and took first place against Switzerland with a time of 3.58.996.
7) Coming 2nd in the first London 6 Day event for 40 years.
6) Getting bronze in the “elimination” event of the European Track Cycling Championships.
5) Stepping up from his Under 23 category and entering into an open category racing against the world’s best pro cyclists.
4) Coming 3rd to Ed Clancy and Mark Cavendish at the Omnium event in Derby, then coming 1st at the Omnium in Roubaix, France.
3) Taking 2nd place to the current Olympic Champion at the World Cup Omnium in New Zealand.
2) Gaining the bronze medal for Team Pursuit at the World Cup in Hong Kong.
1) Debuting as part of “Team Wiggins” in a 3-day road stage race in Abu Dhabi and coming in 8th place to some of the best sprinters in the world!
Orega are thrilled to be sponsoring such an exemplary sportsman and can’t wait to see what the rest of 2016 holds in store for Chris. We have every faith he will continue in his Omnium and Team Pursuit successes and get picked for Team GB at the 2016 Olympics in Rio. Go Chris!
Follow us on Twitter @OregaOffices for more exciting updates!