A virtual office provides the ideal remote working solution for businesses of all shapes and sizes. Whether you’re an SME or corporate giant, a virtual address can help boost your brand image and gives you the opportunity to test new markets before putting down roots. A virtual office could be just the boost your business needs to take your growth to the next level, with exceptional customer support to help your teams work efficiently from anywhere.
If you’re thinking about your next move or have already decided to set up a virtual office, this guide outlines everything you need to get underway and ensure your setup goes smoothly.
We will cover:
- What is a virtual office?
- How to set up a virtual office: Your step-by-step guide
- Benefits of a virtual office setup
- Introducing Orega’s virtual office solutions
- Your next steps
What is a virtual office?
A virtual office is a type of flexible working service that offers businesses a prestigious business address and remote services without the cost of the physical office space. No matter what type of business you run, a virtual office enables your employees to work from anywhere in the world and operate fully remotely with the help of professional support, such as call forwarding and mail handling.
What’s included as part of your virtual office package?
Orega offers a selection of premium virtual office services and professional support, including:
- A registered postal address and phone number
- Mail signing, scanning and collection
- Call forwarding services
- Access to business lounges
- Bookable meeting rooms
- 24 hour personalised voicemail
How to set up a virtual office: your step-by-step guide
Remote working doesn't have to be complicated. At Orega, we offer a quick and easy virtual office setup process which can get you settled in just a couple of days. Here are the main steps to take when setting up a virtual office:
1. Choosing a business location and address
The first step to setting up a virtual office is choosing where you want your address to be located. You will need to think about what country, city or building you want to be registered at. We recommend choosing an office building in a reputable area, alongside like-minded successful companies, and close to where your clientele are based.
2. Deciding on your budget
It’s important to define your budgets before signing an office lease to ensure your contract meets your business needs and is within budget. Opting for a virtual space rather than a physical office helps your business to save on overheads and enables you to reallocate budget for more important purposes, such as rewarding your employees for their hard work or upgrading your technology. A virtual office also provides more flexibility, giving you the option to scale up on down if your budgets change.
3. Selecting the services and facilities to suit your business needs
When it comes to choosing the right virtual office package for your business, you will need to consider all the services and facilities that your company needs to support your day-to-day operations. This could include a manned reception desk to handle any administrative tasks, such as signing for mail or answering phone calls.
If you will be hosting face-to-face meetings on occasion or welcoming guests, you will need to find an office provider that offers ad hoc use of meeting rooms and business lounges.
4. Reviewing the contractual terms
Next, you will need to draw up a contract with your virtual office provider, outlining all the details of your package - services, facilities, length of lease etc. Once you’ve reviewed the contractual terms and read all the fine print, you’re ready to sign!
5. Getting organised and ready for your start date
Now you’ve secured your virtual office space, it’s time to get organised and prepare for remote working. First and foremost, you’ll need to communicate the launch plan with your teammates to ensure everyone is in the loop and understands how a virtual office works. Your staff will need to know how to access remote services, as well as how and when they can access office facilities for face-to-face meetings. You’ll also need to notify your customers and business partners about your change of address to avoid any confusion, missed calls or lost post.
Don’t forget to update your address on your website, email signatures and Google My Business listing!
Benefits of a virtual office setup
A virtual office provides many advantages, including:
- A virtual office offers more than a PO box but a reputable business address that can be used as your postal address, listed in directories, published on your website and printed on your business cards or letterheads.
- A virtual address gives your business the freedom to downscale or upscale at will, since you are no longer limited by physical space.
- Your company can take advantage of remote professional services, designed to support your employees and keep your business running smoothly.
- Switching to a virtual office can help eliminate the costs of running a physical office and reduce overheads.
- Renting a virtual office can help your business thrive, enabling you to acquire the best talent from all over the world and build a highly-skilled, diverse team.
Introducing Orega’s virtual office solutions
Our national network of office buildings are located in sought-after business locations that will enhance your brand image and allow you to tap into specific markets.
Orega virtual office locations
At Orega, we have a wide portfolio of business locations across the country, including some of the most popular business locations in London, Manchester and Scotland. Browse all our virtual office locations for more information.
Orega virtual office packages
We offer three virtual office packages: MyOrega Mail, MyOrega Business Address and MyOrega Office Pro. We also offer the option to upgrade to a physical office when required or cancel anytime.
Your next steps
When you choose an Orega virtual office, you’re not just paying for a standard PO box but a credible business address and unparalleled customer service that will support your long-term business success. If you’re thinking about setting up a virtual office, get in touch with our team to find out more about our first-rate packages.